My Letter To God
I've been a selfish creature all my life.
As a child, I was taught what was right and what was wrong,
But I was not taught to temper my ego or to quell my fiery temper.
I was given sound principles and thoughtful wisdom,
Yet, I knew not how to diminish my pride nor silence my conceit.
By You, my Lord,
I strive each day to learn the art of humility,
To love those around me with sincerity.
You grant me strength and hope to face the world,
And You raise me up each time the storms assail me.
You have blessed me with angels in disguise,
My mother and father, guardians who care for me with all their might.
You, who grants not just second chances,
But chance upon chance, with endless mercy.
Nothing is lacking from You, my beloved God.
I come to You, free from doubt of Your acceptance.
You reveal to me how life must be lived,
Without fear, save for the reverence of You.
I long for You to be the rose in my heart,
Always blooming after the rain.


Comments
Post a Comment
Leave your comment here :)